You can import members to MTS through CSV files. Excel, Open Office, Numbers, Google Sheets and a variety of other spreadsheet programs support saving documents in the CSV format. A quick Google search will help you find out how to save your spreadsheets as CSV files.
MTS requires the import CSV file to be structured in a specific manner. Download the import format here.
If you open the import format file in your spreadsheet editor you will see a format like below:
Things to note about the import file format:
- The column headings must use the exact spelling and case as the example import format file.
- A ‘name’ column is essential. All other columns are optional.
- The ‘featured image’ column may be given a link from where to download the member profile image.
- The ‘groups’ column should contain comma separated category names for the corresponding member.
- You may add a ‘content’ column if you wish to enter post content.
- If you wish to edit existing members, create an ‘ID’ column with their post IDs.
- You can use the export file to edit it and re-upload it as an import file in order to edit current members.
- If you have a very large number of members to import, you may need to break up the CSV file into smaller parts and import each file one at a time.